Screening: Virtual Author Talk with Dr. Robert Lustig @ Lower Burrell
January 30, 2024
Join us at our Lower Burrell library as you launch your New Year healthy with Dr. Robert Lustig, a pediatric neuroendocrinologist who has long been on the cutting edge of medicine and science. We will be showing this author talk on a the big screen with time after the presentation to talk and network.
Dr. Lustig’s book, Metabolical: The Lure and the Lies of Processed Food, Nutrition, and Modern Medicine, weaves the interconnected strands of nutrition, health/disease, medicine, environment, and society into a completely new fabric by proving on a scientific basis a series of iconoclastic revelations, among them:
- Medicine for chronic disease treats symptoms, not the disease itself
- You can diagnose your own biochemical profile
- Chronic diseases are not "druggable," but they are "foodable"
- Processed food isn’t just toxic, it’s addictive
- The war between vegan and keto is a false war—the combatants are on the same side
- Big Food, Big Pharma, and Big Government are on the other side
He insists that if we do not fix our food and change the way we eat, we will continue to court chronic disease, bankrupt healthcare, and threaten the planet. But there is hope: his book and this webinar explain what’s needed to fix all three. Dr. Lustig offers a doable plan for us to heal and restore our health and well-being with real food and, in the process, boost our immunity to viruses like COVID-19.